Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Never a dull moment....

Well, I just got home from the Emergency Room with Keri. Right at bed time she decided to put a bead (from a broken bracelet) in her ear. She shoved it in even further when she tried to get it out. When she first came to me she told me that Kendal put the bead in her ear.....yeah right! I tried to get it out with tweezers, but it was stuck perfectly in the canal and I was afraid I would push it in even more.


I called Kyle (who was at work) and he said he would meet me at the ER. So I loaded both girls in the truck, dropped Kendal off at Stephanie's house, and met him there.....all at 9:00 p.m. The doctor was not sure if/how they were going to get the bead out without damaging her ear drum. Tweezers would not work because the bead is perfectly round and hard to grasp. They tried to numb the ear with drops and suction the bead out, but that did not work. Finally, they used a syringe to put warm water in her ear and the bead just floated to the surface. I am so glad they were able to get it out without having to refer us to the ENT.


OK, I'm off to check on the girls.....I just put them to bed at 11:00. Tomorrow morning should be lots of fun! Here are a few pictures I took with my phone:

2 comments:

Super Wise said...

What did you do for entertainment before kids! Glad it all work out.

Honey said...

Don't you just love the ER visits!