Sunday, January 18, 2009

Potty Training

We have officially started potty training Kendal. Her teacher introduced the potty at school and it is usually hit or miss. She does go at least once during the day. Yesterday, I put her in panties and started the training! We now have a sticker chart up in the bathroom and are even giving her a small reward for going. She gets one piece of candy (like 1 skittle or 1 m&m) for going #1 and 2 pieces for going #2. I didn't want Keri to feel left out, so she gets whatever Kendal gets when she goes. Great deal for Keri, she gets candy and doesn't even have to do anything...though she has been a pretty good cheerleader for Kendal. I am still putting her in diapers at nap time and night time (I don't see the point in Pull-Ups, they feel just like a diaper), but she is in panties the rest of the day. We went through 6 pairs yesterday and only 2 pair today. She still is not telling me if she needs to go, but is very happy to sit on the potty when I tell her to (usually ever 30 minutes to an hour). I make her sit there until she goes; she just sings and sings until she is done. Her songs of choice are "ABC's," "Old Mac Donald" and her favorite, "If You're Happy and You Know It."

I am not really sure if she is completely ready, but they are really pushing it at daycare. She has been dry after nap time for a couple of weeks and going when she wakes up. I told her teacher that once we started we are going all the way...so I am sending 5 pairs of panties and 5 pairs of pants to daycare tomorrow (hope that's enough). Her teacher should have lots of fun with that, but hey...she asked for it!
So there you have it, all you ever wanted to know about our potty training experience so far...and more!

4 comments:

Super Wise said...

congrats on the big step of becoming diaper free. We continue to pray for you. I enjoy reading your blog.

Anjie said...

Good luck with the potty training!!!

Unknown said...

That is the cutest pic of Kendal on the potty :-)

Honey said...

Ky still will have nothing to do with the potty. She has gone three times and shows no more interest and will not sit there at all...