Sunday, May 31, 2009

10 Years

We have been in Cisco this weekend for Haleigh's graduation. It's hard to believe that she was in 2nd grade when I graduated high school. I couldn't help but smile as I watched Mr. Whatley stand at the door and talk to each senior as they walked onto the gym floor. He was one of my favorite teachers in high school, and I remember him doing the same thing with our class. I just can't believe it has been 10 years....10 years! Our class reunion is scheduled for this September during homecoming. Boy, it makes me really feel like I am starting to get old. But at the same time, I think I am at a wonderful place in my life...so I guess getting older is not so bad after all.
The girls were a little antsy during the ceremony, but managed to sit still and quiet the whole time. Kyle held Kendal in his lap, and I held Keri in mine. It probably helped that he bribed them with chocolate ice cream if they would sit still and quiet. Desperate times call for desperate measures. Haleigh is going to play softball at Howard Payne and has already gotten a few academic scholarships. She seems ready to get out of Cisco (didn't we all?!) but still be close enough to home to come back whenever she wants. I think it will work out really well for her, and I am so proud of how far she has come all ready. She already has 30 college credit hours coming out of high school, that is quite an accomplishment!
Devin had a track meet Saturday morning and did really well. He got 2nd place in the 400 meter relay and 3rd place in the 100 meter dash.
We also went to the lake yesterday and rode the jet ski and the boat for a few hours. It was fun and the girls really enjoyed the water (well Kendal got a little scared).
It was a pretty busy weekend, but we all had fun. The girls love coming to visit my parents (maybe because they get desert after breakfast?!) and Haleigh and Devin. I wish we weren't so busy so we could visit all of our families around the state more often.

No comments: