Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Sad News

We found out this afternoon that we lost the baby. I was supposed to be 13 weeks pregnant today. The baby measured much smaller and there was no heartbeat. My body is not showing any signs of having a natural miscarriage, so we have scheduled a surgical D & C for Tuesday. It has been a lot to take in, especially 2 days before Christmas. We are very strong spiritually and know that God has a plan for us and our family. It will take a while for me to recover emotionally, but I know that we have been very blessed. I thank God now more than ever for our 2 beautiful, healthy girls.

Our Christmas festivities will continue as scheduled. I want to focus on making this Christmas special for Keri and Kendal. I might break out in tears a few times a day, but I am determined to keep our life as normal as we can through this for them.

3 comments:

Honey said...

Your family is in our prayers!

Krista said...

I'm so sorry to hear that. Of course your beautiful family will be in our prayers. If you ever need to cry or vent, please call me. I'll be thinking about ya tomorrow girl. The docs and nurses will take good care of you. It took about an hour for mine from prep to recovery. I was a little nervous too.

Bye for now.

Krista
512-989-8879

Chris and Sara said...

Amanda,
Love your blog, it's so good to be able to keep up with you after we've been out of touch the past couple of years. I always appreciated your company when we taught together! So sorry to hear about your sad news. We went though the same thing a little over a year ago. It's so hard, but you are right, God will get you through, and he has a plan for you and your family.

With love,
Sara Tippett