Sunday, June 14, 2009

Our Busy Weekend

We had a very busy, very fun weekend! On Friday we went swimming at Grandma and Papa Sanford's house, then Kyle made hot dogs on grill at home. After that we went for a drive, got some ice cream, then parked at a park behind the Dell Diamond and watched fireworks after the Round Rock Express game. The girls really enjoyed that and it was super cheap entertainment!


I went to my friend Cassey's baby shower Saturday morning while Kyle stayed home with the girls. It was nice to visit with friends (fellow GPD wives and ladies from church) and have some adult time. Cassey's baby boy is due in a couple of weeks and we are so excited for her and Jamieson!


I got home in time for lunch and put Kendal down for a nap. After her nap we went to meet up with Nanny (my maternal grandmother) at her cousin's house right down the road in Sun City.
We had a very nice visit with family and it was great to see Nanny. The house was not child-proof at all, so I tried to keep close tabs on the girls. After an hour, I was exhausted (everyone else was probably tired just watching them, lol!). Here are a few pictures from our visit.

(I was probably telling her to use her inside voice and keep her feet off the furniture :))

Kelly met us at our house to watch the girls so Kyle and I could go on a very much needed date night. The last time we went on a date was for our anniversary in December. Waaay to long!


Kyle and I went to eat at Antonio's in Round Rock and had a nice meal. I almost forgot what it was like to eat out without kids! Afterwards we decided to head over to Dave and Busters to play some games. Then we went to one of Kyle's co-workers' house to watch a fight (not sure which one). It was nice to visit with the other wives and have adult conversations. But I definitely enjoyed my time alone with Kyle most of all. It was so nice to be able to hang out and just enjoy each other's company.


We went to church Sunday morning and played in the yard most of the afternoon. The girls were so exhausted from the busy weekend that they crashed early Sunday night. I wish Kyle was off every weekend so we could enjoy more time together, but I am so grateful for the time that we do get to spend together as a family.

No comments: